Monday, April 8, 2013

Essay Packet 2

In Savich's, "Crumbling Expectations," I was sort of confused at the beginning. When he started into his creative essay, he just went right into it without much description as to what he was going to talk about. He started off at one point in his life, using memories from his childhood, that led into why he was writing the essay at that point in time. He had a way of converying what he was trying to say about his father and his family without using much detail to do it. I found it interesting how he used the memories to link something that's happening now. I also liked how he related the fact that books and certain kinds of them made him the writer he is.

In Prevallet, I liked how each individual story was short and to the point. He was able to use enough detail in one paragraph to give the initial imagery that was needed for the essay. My favorite one was "Grammar." I liked this one because it made me feel close to the writer because we were getting a person look into his mind, a look that made him seem just like us, even though he has published writings. In "Grammar," I liked how he put what made him worry about writing and it reminded me of exactly how I feel when I'm writing a new story or essay. I also liked "Dream," because the way he worded the language is exactly how I feel when I awaken from a dream or deepsleep. The way the darkness consumes you after you've just had a dream about being at an amusement park, where you wake up and realize, "It was just a dream..."

1 comment:

  1. ok, good responses here the past 2 weeks. Maybe expand and say more, explain further.

    ReplyDelete