Monday, February 4, 2013

1) I close my eyes and open the package slowly…
 
Terrified it could explode at any moment.
It doesn’t.
I’m breathing heavy now as is everyone else.
In the other room there is rustling.
What’s that?
I don’t know.
 

I’m still focused on what this package is. 
It doesn’t clarify, so I give it to momma. 
We’re all safe. 
For now.
 
 
2) Taco Bell
The place found between Dash Rd and State Ave.
The one place that I love their food.
I would go everyday for lunchtime during work 
Sarah has also been doing the same thing
I’ll know that purple logo anywhere
I’ve almost scratched my car coming around their tight turns
There’s always an echo of the car’s engine going “Rump-Ump-Ump!” 
I haven’t been to Taco Bell much lately
Around December I stopped going
I haven’t had too much money
I’ve had to buy food for my turtle.
I hope to go back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment